All this talk about compassion and heart! Now it’s time for a quick word about your physical heart.
February is American Heart Month! How can we reach out to the world with compassionate hearts if our tickers aren’t working well?
Here are a few tips from Healthiest Weight Florida Initiative, to achieve and maintain a healthy heart:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Be active at least 30–60 minutes a day
- Make an appointment for an annual check up
- Monitor existing health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Practice effective stress management
- Reduce salt intake (sodium)
- Eat at least five to seven servings of fruits and vegetables every day
I hope you’ll join me, keep tickin’ and spread the good thoughts!
©Joan T Warren