Thank you my new friend Scottishmomus!
I love WordPress blogging!
Not only does Wordpress provide a place to share my thoughts, my heart and my musings, but it facilitates links to fabulous writers from around the world. I am “meeting” people whom I would never had met and am privy to discovering their thoughts, hearts and musings in ways I never would have known. Occasionally I meet someone who seems to delve into all my posts with great enjoyment, which is met with equal interest on my part. A recent new ‘mutual admiration’ blogger endowed me with a bouquet of three awards as seen here:
With this award, I am to share seven interesting things about myself. Here goes:
1. I am quite certain that some people will find some things about me interesting, and some not so much.
2. I was a single teen mom before they made television shows about them. . . way before. . . so far before that at the time, I lost my job because my manager didn’t want customers to see that I was pregnant and unmarried. He told me to put on a ring, and I wouldn’t.
3. So far before that I didn’t even think about filing a complaint or a lawsuit for it.
4. I once wrote the curriculum for a well-known program for recovering from drug and alcohol dependence. I didn’t come up with it all myself, mind you. I sat in on the existing program during their lessons, which had been honed to a systematic series over decades. I took copius notes. I disregarded the professional curriculum writer’s sorry excuse of an outline (if you’re that person and you’re reading this, sorry, but it was true), organized and wrote what the program’s teachers regularly taught–in a manner anyone with an eighth-grade education could follow. This curriculum is now translated into many languages, used around the world, and my name is NOT on it. It was a labor of love as a part of a team. I still feel good about that, over 20 years later.
5. I didn’t start college until I was 38.
6. I’m so glad I did.
7. Last, but not least: When I was a teen, one of my favorite things (born of poor laundry skills) was wearing two different colors of socks. I topped it off with non-matching shoelaces just for fun. Finally the world is catching up. 😉
Next step, here is my list of new award winners:
If you new ‘nominees’ choose to accept this meritorious triune bouquet, here are the rules of acceptance (should you wish to follow them!):
- Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
- Present up to 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.